Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bloom at Chattanooga Daylilies

Over the last three days, we have had around 3" of rain but it usually has come in the afternoon so I was able to look at outside bloom in the morning. One of the big problems with field growing, are the thrips that strip the color from the blossom. I just don't spray outside and let Mother Nature take it's course. I do have one more inside blossom to show you. David Kirchhoff stopped by on Monday and saw this flower blooming in the greenhouse and said, "You must pick that." Here it is.

Seedling No. 2098 [(Royal Presence X Max Pickles) X Home of the Free]

Now to the outside bloom. Some of these will be 2013 introductions and i will identify those to you.

 I hope you remember my Seedling No. 1004 (Camelot Red X Doug's Caress) that I used quite heavily last year when it bloomed in the greenhouse. Many of the seedling I have shown you this year involved this seedling. This is the way it looked out in the display bed yesterday and the next image was taken in the greenhouse last year. very similar!

This is Seedling 1004 last year in the greenhouse.

This is Seedling No. 0742 (Mandalay Bay Music X Wonders Never Cease)
This will be a 2013 introduction.

This is Seedling No. 8169 (Awesome Bob X Larry Allen Miller)
This will be introduced in 2013 as H. 'Black Sears', Named for one of our favorite wineries in Napa Valley. Ashley Chambois, one of the owners, said, "It is the color of our Zinfandel".

Seedling No. 0020 (Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis X Wonder of it All).
This will probably be a 2013 introduction.

Seedling No. 0768 (Golden Tentacles X Horny Devil)
This will be a 2013 introduction.

Seedling No. 0037 (Cosmic Sensation X Larry Allen Miller)

And finally, the last image.

 Seedling No. 9033 (Lipstick on my Collar X Crazy Ivan)
Will be a 2013 introduction.

Thank you for looking at my blog, I hope you enjoyed it. Remember, for a larger image, left click on any image.

Life is very, very good.

Lee

1 comment:

  1. Lee,


    Really like seedling 1004 and 0768. Hope you introduce 1004. Amazing how good of a parent Camelot Red is. I really enjoy your blog. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete