Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Tiller is Awesome . . .

Comments can be made at the end of this page . . . it is easy and I would like to know how you enjoy the blog. If it not against your nature, please identify yourself.
 
A left click on your mouse will give you a larger picture.

My new tiller is awesome!!!! I have a Kubota BX3800 (18 hp diesel) garden tractor that we use to mow the yard. I have never been happy with the tiller on the back of the John Deere 18 hp garden tractor because it only rough tilled and wasn't as wide as the tractor. So, I decided to purchase one to fit on the back of the Kubota. It is as wide as the tractor tires so you are not running over your tilled area all the time with the tires AND, it finish tills. So I go from a two step process, tilling with the JD and then re-tilling with the Troy Bilt for a finish till. Here I show myself proudly sitting atop my Kubota with the tiller in the ground. The tiller is a Woods brand tiller and I am proud to say that it is made in Illinois, the good old US of A. AWESOME!!! I just realized that you can see the JD in the background up by the barn.


Jean is a Master Gardener and has several perennial gardens around the property and one of the prominent  ones is the raised bed shown below. She is sitting on the rock wall wtih her friends Spikey on the left and Sara Lee on the right. Spikey is a rescued mixed breed (Jean won't let me say "Mutt" because God doesn't make Mutts) and he has become my buddy. Sara Lee was my 65th birthday present but she imprinted on Jean so she is her constant companion. Both are 9 years old. Here they are at the raised bed.


We have one other friend living here, Shiloh, a Seal Point Snow Shoe Siamese. Shiloh is a little over a year old and weighs 13 pounds . . . he is a BIG cat. He likes to sit on the printer in the office where he is shown here.


Notice the white feet, that is one of the things that makes him a Snow Shoe. All of our friends help make this a happy household.

Here is a picture of Seedling No. 9027 (Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis X Christmas Greetings)  as it bloomed for the first time in the seedling field last year. Yes, the color is accurate. I can hardly wait to see if it blooms this same color this year.


Exciting things happen to those who hybridize!

Life is very, very good.

Lee

5 comments:

  1. Lee, that seedling is fabulous!!! I sure hope that it is consistent and looks as great this year....that color is electric...and I love the wide petals and the way the sepals are saturated and roll back to complement the whole flower!
    Linda Hassler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Thanks for your comment. If this truly holds and blooms this way again this year, it could be a real breakthrough. As fickle as daylilies can be, consistency is sometimes just not there. We will see. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee - WOW! That seedling is gorgeous. Of course, it's not quite as stunning as the picture of you perched so proudly on your new tractor. I am laughing because your grin is wrapped clear around your head. Love the pictures of Jean and her friends and Shiloh. And I am enjoying the Blog - makes it seem as though you both are not quite so far away for a visit. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lee and Jean, you made a great post here. This is incredibly stunning work. New awesome tiller in the green field furnished with natural lovely flowers. Ohh! What a great surroundings. Surely this can bring a great peace and happiness for all. Thanks you very much to you both for your good work. I would love to add another great site here which can be helpful for any reader Best Tiller

    ReplyDelete