Sunday, March 8, 2015

The season has started



The 2015 season has started in the greenhouse. I have been watching one of the 2014 seedlings and it finally popped today. It is an exciting time of year for me. It won't be long before the 2015 seedlings will begin to bloom and that is really exciting. Lots of scapes on the hybridizing plants in the greenhouse and it will soon be ablaze in color.

The seedling blooming this morning is my No. 4044 [(Wild Cherry Roundup X Max Pickles) X (Camelot Red X Doug's Caress)

H. Scarlet Angel (Petit 2010)
I chose Scarlet Angel for the pollen parent because of it's
depth of color, outstanding form, branching and bud count)
Seedling No. 4044
[(Wild Cherry Roundup X Max Pickles) X (Camelot Red X Doug's Caress)]

All I can do now is sit back and dream.

Life is very, very good

Lee 

1 comment:

  1. Please post more. These reds are awesome! I really enjoy everything you post and learn so much from these.

    ReplyDelete