Sunday, December 13, 2015

Seedlings as they grow

It is no secret, if I could not hybridize, I would not "do" daylilies. Just to see a bunch of flowers in an outside garden is not enough for me. I want to see those first bloom seedlings that blow you away. It is worth getting up in the morning just to see what is new.

To that end, I have started the 2016 blooming seedlings in the greenhouse, planting the seeds in September, transpotting to trade 1 gallon pots in October.


Seedlings being traspotted to trade 1 gallon pots in late September.















Picture is of the seedlings on October 20, 2015









Seedlings on December 13, 2015. They have grown a lot.









I believe that many of these will bloom in May.

Life is fun and very, very good.

Lee 

2 comments:

  1. I pray that you do see these babies bloom in May. You have the Midas touch Lee, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not tje Midas touch, John, just good information from those who came before me.

      Delete