Thursday, June 24, 2010

Salter's visit . . .

Comments can be made at the end of this page . . . it is easy and I would like to know how you enjoy the blog. If it not against your nature, please identify yourself.
 
A left click on your mouse will give you a larger picture. 

I have to agree with Kay Day Pricola who coined the phrase, "We come to daylilies for the flower and stay for the people." A couple years ago, I lost my best friend, Bob Carr, and I miss him every day. He was one of the good guys.

Two more people that we am privileged to call friends are Jeff and Elizabeth Salter of Rollingwood Gardens in Gainesville, FL. Jeff and Liz arrived around 5:00 pm yesterday afternoon and after Jeff enjoyed his Diet Coke, we headed out to dinner. Of course, conversation centered around daylilies and daylily people. Jeff hybridizes the type of flowers that I prefer, the round bagel form, and Liz has no equal in eyes. 

When we got up this morning, Jeff and I took a tour around the garden. Although we are way past peak, Jeff still found a couple seedlings that he liked and we numbered them on the spot. After the tour, we moved to Jean's perennial beds where the picture below was taken. Since there were only the four of us, we could not get in the picture at the same time so I chose the one with Jean to post on this blog since she is much prettier than me.



Jean said I should put mine on also, so here it is.


 Daylilies are our favorite flower, but it is the people that make the daylilies!


Exciting things happen to those who hybridize daylilies!

Life is very, very good.

Lee









No comments:

Post a Comment