Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blooms, April 11, 2012

Blooms in the greenhouse, April 11, 2012

Left click on image for a larger picture.

After all of the above normal temperature days we had in March, here it is April 11 and we are expecting some frost tonight. If we do get some, I don't think the temps are going to be low enough here to hurt any of the daylilies or other plant material. Today, I will show you four seedlings that were blooming in the greenhouse.


Yes, another yellow, a sib to the yellow seedling I showed on April 8. Again, until I have time to look up the parentage, this will be Seedling No. 2006 (Seedling X Seedling). If you remember correctly, the previous seedling had 5-way branching. Seedling 2006 only has 4-way branching but is a little taller than it's sib.

Seedling No. 2005 (Rock Solid X Red Sapphire). I like Rock Solid as a parent, because it is dormant and produces a lot of dormant kids. I like the exploding eye of Red Sapphire and it seem to pass it on to its kids.
WOW, this one knocked my socks off. All of ruffling and I have not seen it hang up. Seedling No. 1102 (Singular Sensation X Priscilla's Smile. It does have some green in the petal edges and has a nice green throat as well. Using in in my green program.
This is one of my favorite fringed seedlings. No. 9080 (Fringe Benefit X Horny Devil. I have used this a lot in my program for teeth and fringes. It works well with eyed and edged cultivars as well.


Thanks for looking


Life is very, very good.

Lee



4 comments:

  1. I love all these, Lee. The colors on the Rock Solid x Red Sapphire kid look clean and candy-like. The big round rose pink knocks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee - I like the yellow #2006. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. n# 1102 if fantastic ! what a great pink and fabulous edge. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee, nice variety of seedlings for viewing....can't seem to decide which is my favorite....L;)

    ReplyDelete